Are you a travel nurse and wondering what the best transportation options are for getting to and from your location and new job site? Travel nurses typically have three options. The first option is always driving your own vehicle to the new area and using it to get to and from work. Unfortunately, this often results in unnecessary wear and tear on your personal vehicle. Plus, unless your car is new and well-maintained, it may not be reliable enough to get you to your location and remain running during your tenure without the need for repairs. Thankfully there are two other options. You can lease a vehicle or opt for a monthly car rental. Nurses are a perfect fit for a month to month car rental in place like San Jose, CA and other major cities. Let’s take a look at the benefits of these two options.
Benefits of Leasing or Renting a Car as a Travel Nurse
Having a car available makes getting to and from your job site and temporary lodging easier. While the car you use could be your own, renting or leasing a car ensures that you’re not putting excessive miles and wear and tear on your personal vehicle.
Benefits of Leasing a Vehicle
Leasing a vehicle is a cross between owning a vehicle and renting it. This is because when you lease a vehicle, the dealership still owns the car, and at the end of the lease agreement, you turn the car back into the dealership. Though, some leases offer the ability to purchase the car at the end of the lease.
- You’ll have a lower monthly payment when compared to purchasing a vehicle.
- Since the car is new, any needed repairs should be covered under the manufacturer’s warranty.
- The dealership may cover any needed maintenance, like oil changes and new tires.
- The dealership pays for the registration, taxes and title for the vehicle.
- Most lease agreements are between 12 months and 3 years.
- At the end of the lease, you can turn the car back into the dealership and choose a different car to lease or buy.
Benefits of Short Term or Long Term Car Rental
If you don’t feel like driving across the country or paying on a lease for years, you can opt for monthly car rental from a transportation company. For example, a long term car rental in the bay area or other metropolitan area can be very beneficial to a nurse and eliminates a lot of the headaches of transporting your own vehicle. This allows you to take a plane, train or bus to your new location and rent a car for the duration of your assignment. This is especially useful if your primary home is in an area with great public transit, and you don’t need a personal vehicle when you are in your home city.
- The car is well-maintained and in good condition.
- The rental company pays for repairs and maintenance.
- If the car does break down, the rental company will bring you another one.
- You can choose the vehicle make and model that best suits your needs.
- You don’t need to put down a large upfront payment, like you do with leasing or buying a car.
- You can choose from various packages, like 1-month car rental or 3-month car rental
- Many rental companies offer door-to-door service, which means they’ll bring the car to you and come and pick it up when you want to return it.
Short Term or Long Term Car Rental with Avalon Transportation Services
At Avalon Transportation Services we offer short term or long term car rental in the bay area and expat car rental services along with airport service and moving help for relocating professionals. We even rent to interns who are under the age of 25.
To learn more about our car rental services and to get a quote, contact us today at 408-845-0001. We serve Santa Clara, California and Austin, Texas.