Monthly car rental in Austin, TX
If you’re looking for an affordable monthly car rental in Austin, TX, you’ve come to the right place! The idea of renting a car for more than a weekend seems like it would be costly, but that’s not necessarily the case. Whether you’re heading out on a long trip or your own car is out of commission, renting a car on a long-term basis doesn’t have to clean out your wallet. There are a few golden rules that will help you make the most out of your long-term car rental so you can save more and go further!
The benefits of monthly car rental in Austin, TX
The option to rent a car for a month or more allows for easier, more affordable travel than short-term rentals. The many benefits of monthly car rental include:
– A lower daily rental rate! The longer you commit to renting a car, the lower your daily charges, which is what makes renting for longer periods of time a more affordable option for most.
– Being able to pick up and drop off your car rental at any Avalon location!
– You can keep the miles and wear and tear of long commutes off your personal car.
– If your personal car is no longer in commission, you can still get to where you need to go without having to worry about financing a new car, if you aren’t ready for that.
More Ways to Save on Monthly Car Rentals
Signing a longer rental agreement isn’t the only way to afford a monthly car rental in Austin, TX.
1. Don’t buy more insurance than you need
Navigating car insurance can be overwhelming, so much so that you may find yourself agreeing to overpay for your rental. Before deciding on a monthly car rental in Austin, TX, figure out what coverage you have through your personal auto insurance policy or credit card. This will ensure that you aren’t agreeing to more insurance than you need to pay for, which will overall reduce the cost of monthly car rental in Austin, TX.
2. Know your miles
Most major rental car companies already offer unlimited mileage within the same state or across the country, but before you hand over your credit card, double check how much mileage is part of your rental agreement for a monthly car rental in Austin, TX. You don’t want to exceed your daily allotment of mileage because this can leave you with a hefty penalty at the end.
3. Decline the GPS and fill the gas tank
While a daily GPS fee might not seem like much in the grand scheme of things, declining this feature can help reduce your rental agreement for a monthly car rental in Austin, TX. There are many free smartphone GPS apps available at no extra cost. Another small way to save money when renting is to return with a full tank of gas, otherwise you will be charged a premium. However, if you purchased a full tank of gas when you first took the car out through the rental company, you may have to return it empty. This is an important piece of information to review and clarify before leaving the lot. Visit our website for more details.